Distinguished ACM Speaker:
Based in China
Professor Hai ZHUGE is a pioneer of Knowledge Grid research and Cyber-Physical Society research.
He has made systematic contribution to the Knowledge Grid area by establishing:
(1) the Knowledge Grid methodology;
(2) the Resource Space Model based on multi-dimensional classifications;
(3) the self-organized Semantic Link Network model;
(4) the Knowledge Flow Network model;
(5) the adaptive complex semantic space model by incorporating the Resource Space Model and the Semantic Link Network model; and,
(6) a set of scalable distributed semantic networking methods and platforms for dynamic knowledge sharing.
The Cyber-Physical Society(www.knowledgegrid.net/~H.Zhuge/CPS.htm) represents his ideal of the future human-machine-nature symbiosis environment. He defined the notion and opened scientific issues for the first time. He has proposed a set of principles and methods, and carried out multi-disciplinary research toward the ideal. To share this ideal and motivate AI research, he gave a half-day tutorial Human-Machine-Nature Symbiosis at IJCAI 2013.
Professor Zhuge's work significantly deepens human understanding on knowledge, semantics, dimension, self-organization and human-machine-nature symbiotic environment.
Professor Zhuge has published two research monographs and over 130 papers in international journals and conferences such as Communications of the ACM, Artificial Intelligence, IEEE Computer, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Service Computing, Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, and VLDB.
Professor Zhuge's works have been cited more than 3500 times by peers in top journals such as ACM Transactions on Software Engineering Methodology, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, and Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing; and, by top conferences such as International Conference on Software Engineering, World Wide Web Conference, and International Semantic Web Conference. His H-Index is 29, one of the top computer scientists in Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Professor Zhuge's innovations have been adopted by many researchers in American, Asian and Europe to improve existing techniques according to papers published in international journals and conferences. He was entitled the top scholar in the area by assessment reports in the Journal of Systems and Software. He received the Wang Xuan Award from China Computer Federation in 2007 for his Knowledge Grid model and theory.
Due to his distinguished achievement and impact in the computing field, he was awarded an ACM Distinguished Scientist in 2010 and an ACM Distinguished Speaker in 2011. He was the keynote speakers of 12 international conferences including ACM sponsored conferences. He has been invited to present distinguished lectures in about 40 universities of many countries in American, Asia, Europe and Pacific region.
Professor Zhuge is serving as an Associate Editors of the IEEE Intelligent Systems and a Committee Member of IFIP International Task Force on Web Semantics. He was an Associate Editor and Area Editor of many international journals such as Knowledge and Information Systems, Future Generation Computer Systems, and Journal of Systems and Software. He was awarded Royal Academy of Engineering Distinguished Visiting Fellowship in 2013.
Professor Zhuge's Webpage: http://www.knowledgegrid.net/~h.zhuge/
- Interactive Semantics: Much research pursues machine intelligence through better representation of semantics. What is semantics? People in different areas view semantics from different facets although it accompanies interaction through civilization. Some resear...
- The Complex Semantic Space Model: A challenge issue is to seek the uniformity in managing versatile resources in various spaces of the Cyber-Physical Society. This lecture introduces a complex semantic space model that is suitable for managing various resources in different spa...
- The Cyber-Physical Society: Natural physical space provides material basis for the generation and evolution of human beings and civilization. The progress of human society has created the cyber space. With the rapid development of information technology, the cyber space is conn...
- The Knowledge Grid Methodology:
The development of science and technology has extended human behavior and sensation, accelerated the progress of society, and enabled people to understand the physical space and themselves more profoundly. But, we still have much to find o...